Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Cleaning...by Lisa


Do you do spring cleaning? I do, or at least I used to. I used to wash all the windows inside and out, the windows that tilt so you can wash them without going outside or getting on a ladder. I’ve powerwashed the driveway and sidewalk, scrubbed the garage door, and dusted the blinds. I suppose it’s a way of shooing the last remnants of winter away until next fall, and making sure spring has plenty of room to move in. Kind of a metaphor for life, and relationships, don’t you think? Cleaning house emotionally, getting rid of cobwebs and dust, and ushering in a fresh, new season? I’m excited this year, because I’m moving to a bigger space in a few weeks. I can’t wait, because it has more room, a better view, and a real fireplace for next fall and winter. Instead of the traditional spring cleaning, I’m going to be doing spring packing. Last spring saw the end of a very emotionally dark time for me, and new hope. Instead of washing windows and garage doors, I learned to be comfortable going places and doing things by myself. I endured the harsh winter of dark nights spent alone crying, and the spring brought the flowers and leaves, and hope and love and new beginnings. I am thankful for my friends, especially my Friday circle of friends, who kept me afloat during that difficult time. I’m thankful for Jodi and our rekindled friendship that also lifted me up during that time. I’m thankful that I got through the dark winter and found myself blossoming anew with the spring.  I’ve only got 3 windows to clean this spring. Thankfully, I’ve got much more important things to tend to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment